Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Facebook Friends

So here I am minding my own business on the internet, when a message comes to me on Facebook. It’s from Lois Ramos. I don’t think I know anyone named Lois Ramos. Maybe she’s a long-forgotten ex-high school classmate or someone I used to work with in the grocery store. The message itself offered no clues. It merely said “hi” and ended with a smiley face emoticon.

The picture of Lois Ramos on the message was one of those generic Facebook silhouettes, so I decided to check out Ms. Ramos’ profile to see if I recognized the picture. There I found a private Facebook account. That’s understandable in this day and age of internet identity theft. The privacy is not what stood out to me most though. Ms. Ramos had now posted a profile picture. There she was in bed – pretty, young, blonde, and completely naked! Now I’m thinking I don’t know who Lois Ramos is, but I want to!

I befriended Lois Ramos. Her Facebook profile said I should go to a website if I wanted to see more pictures of her and meet her personally. Of course I want to meet the beautiful Ms. Ramos, so I went to her website, where I gave her my email address.

That was four days ago. I still have not heard back from Ms. Ramos. Now my email is filled with spam wanting me to buy watches and enlarge my penis. I’m beginning to think that Ms. Ramos isn’t real and that it was all just a scam to get my email address.

It’s not all bad, though. One of the emails I received is from this young woman named Marina who is beautiful and wants to chat with me. Maybe she’s local and we can meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment