Thursday, September 16, 2010

Letter to Grandma, by Will Divide, Jr., Age 10

Dear Grandma Amy,

Thank you for the sweater you gave me for my birthday. I’m sure it would be great to wear at school, but they are making us wear uniforms, so I would get in trouble if I wore it to school. You don’t want me to get in trouble, do you? I could wear it during evenings, but mom makes me keep the uniform on so she doesn’t have to do more laundry. On weekends I usually wear a hoodie. The only time I would wear the sweater is when you see me on Thanksgiving, and I already have a sweater for that holiday – the one you gave me last year.

For my birthday next year, would it be possible for you to get me a game for the Xbox 360? I know you don’t like buying me games because you don’t know what I have already, but I’ll make it easy on you. Look for any game with a black and white “M” on it. Since I am 10, I’m too young to be allowed to buy the games, but you are not. The new Halo just game out, and I think I would be very good at it, but because it has an “M” rating, Game Stop won’t sell it to me.

If you don’t want to buy me a game, you could always send me money. Just make sure it’s $10 more than the price of a video game. That way, I can give the extra money to my dad (real dad, not the guy mom’s dating), and he can buy it for me. Then on the way home, he can buy a bottle of what he calls “rot gut,” and we can both have fun for the evening.

Love you,

Will Divide, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment