Friday, October 1, 2010

Note on a Break Room Refrigerator Door II

Dear Members of the Cleaning Staff,

I cannot commend you enough for the work you do. The last cleaning crew that we had in the office would dump coffee grounds down the sink. I’d come in in the morning and wash my mug, only to find the sink filled with brown, sludgy water. Artie in maintenance had to spend all day unclogging drains instead of replacing light bulbs or whatever he does. You properly dispose the coffee grounds in the trash, which is preferable.

I am also very impressed that you cleaned out the refrigerator over the weekend. The sign that says “Any items left in the refrigerator over the weekend will be thrown out by the cleaning staff” has been there for the two years that I have worked here, but its message was never carried out. I bring a lunch nearly every day, and some of the stuff left in the fridge was disgusting. I once threw out a half piece of pizza in a brown paper bag that had a full inch bluish-green fluff on it.

Since no one was enforcing the “no food in the fridge over the weekend” policy, I kept a bottle of ranch dressing for dipping carrot sticks that is now gone. I guess this is a small sacrifice to make to prevent the break room refrigerator from becoming an antibiotic laboratory. What’s more alarming though is that you also managed to throw out all of the refrigerator shelves and the compressor. The refrigerator is now useless. I appreciate your thoroughness, but you may have gone a bit overboard.

Do you know where you threw that stuff out? My Lean Cuisine is getting warm.

Sincerely,

Ted Nancy, Accounting

No comments:

Post a Comment