Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Exerpts from John Walter's Job Application for Front Desk Clerk, Benson Hotel

[Reasons for leaving job in the call center for 1-800-FLOWERS]
I had a coworker that liked to chat near my cubicle, which is a violation of my personal space. I asked her several times to move away, but she always came back into my personal space. Finally, I said something loudly to her. For some reason, my bosses decided to fire me for this.

[Reason for leaving job as a customer service representative at Blockbuster Video]
A customer asked if we had the movie Transformers II on DVD. I explained that it was not available on DVD yet and tried to recommend another movie, as we were instructed to do. The customer said it was stupid to go to the video store and that he would download the movie for free from a torrent site. I called him a ****ing thief and threatened to call the police. Before I got the opportunity to call the cops, my manager fired me.

[Reason for leaving job as mail clerk at the Portland Clinic]
The vending machine had these great peanut butter energy bars, and they were only $.60, but they were usually out. One day I saw this large woman buying all the energy bars. I told her that it was unfair of her to do this and that she was fat enough that she didn’t need them. She said that she was buying them for her young sons, and that they cost three times as much in the store. Before she was able to put in another bill, I pushed her hand away and got one for myself. The head of the mail center let me go later that day.

[Reason for wanting the job]
I am a real people-person and know I would thrive in the hospitality industry.

1 comment: