Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy iPhone Day!

Dear Mr. Jobs,

Congratulations on the launch of the iPhone 4. I am one of the iPhone early adopters, and can’t wait to get my hands on the latest and greatest.

The reviews have me salivating. Perhaps the new feature I’m most excited about is the dual camera designed for video chatting. Short of the flying car, this new feature will move us closest to the future that The Jetsons portended for us.

There is one feature missing from the new iPhone that I find particularly unfortunate. I would like to see the iPhone be water-resistant. You see, playing with my iPhone has supplicated reading the newspaper as my favorite activity when on the toilet. This has caused me to inadvertently destroy a couple of phones.

Back in 2008, I was reading an article on Bush’s handling of the financial crisis. The story got me so angry that I went to slap my forehead, causing me to lose my grip on the phone which promptly found the gap between my thighs. Despite following several tips I found on the internet, the phone was unsalvageable.

Then last year, after a particularly unagreeable dinner, I was playing Hearts on my iPhone. I was ready to shoot the moon, but unfortunately I miscalculated and ended up just short of my goal. In my frustration, I jostled the phone, causing it again to sink among the unspeakable mess I left in the toilet. Knowing my failure at resuscitating my last iPhone, I decided to let this one die at sea, but if it were waterproof, I would have rescued it.

One of the things that makes Apple a great company is that they listen to user feedback. I hope you can use my feedback to make the iPhone even better.

Sincerely,

David Romano

No comments:

Post a Comment