Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The attentive girlfriend

Craig and I haven’t been going out very long, but it’s been a dream. We connect very well on so many levels. After our first couple of dates, he told me that I was special and that he could see us being together for a long time. Of course the sex is amazing.

I think I am being paranoid, but I’m getting signals that there might be some growing distance between us. The last few times that I have called him, he didn’t respond. His voicemail box is full, but he hasn’t responded to my texts either. It’s entirely possible that his phone is lost or damaged, so I’m trying to give Craig the benefit of the doubt. A couple of days ago, I stopped by his work and left him a very sweet note under the wipers on his car. I fear it may have blown away, so just to be sure that Craig got the note, I spent the evening parked outside of his apartment building. He came home, ate half of a frozen pizza, watched football and went to bed. I’m sure Craig meant to call me, but you know how boys are about football!

I’ve decided to do something really nice for Craig, since he is obviously going through a difficult time. Right now I have his cat over at my place. Craig often leaves our dates saying how he needs to go home to look after his cat, so this way he can spend time with Mr. Whiskers (my name for the cat, not his) and me at the same time. Brilliant!

The last time that I spoke to Craig, he called me a stalker. I think he’s just unaccustomed to a woman paying him proper attention.

1 comment: