Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On the health care bill

I can’t believe that the Democrats are going to pass their health care bill without a single Republican supporting it. Republicans did nearly everything they could to stop this train wreck; ultimately, the Democrats appear to be able to exert their will.

I don’t want to be one of those bloggers that assumes that this is somehow the end of America as a free and democratic society. That’s a likely outcome, but not the only possibility. Instead of speculating, let’s look at facts, stuff that’s actually in the bill that’s going to pass.

• No federal income tax for people in Nebraska.
• Bureaucrats deciding when the elderly should die
• Tax increases for every American (except Nebraskans, of course)
• Free health care to any registered Democrat on my tax dime
• Free sex change operations!

You think I’m crazy? You think I’m making this up? It’s in the bill people! Check it yourself.*



* Now, some people may notice that I do not have any links to reference material to corroborate my claims. That’s just to show you how sure of them that I am. If I wanted to, I could have put links to other blogs that just echo the same non-sourced assertions. Also, I could have put up a link to the bill itself, but I’m not stupid. I know that few of you would actually read the bill, and even if you wanted to, it seems like a hassle to Google it right now. Plus, you’re already inclined to agree with me.

Are you angry? You should be. It turns out that it’s easy to get people angry and take action against boogiemen that don’t exist.

1 comment: