Monday, March 1, 2010

An email forwarded to 200 recipients

Please join me in praying for the health and wellbeing of Delilah Strong, a six-month old infant in Portland, Oregon, and forward this email to anyone who cares about the welfare of babies like you and me. Delilah is my neighbor’s baby, and unfortunately, her parents are not religious. Seeing as how I am a good Baptist and don’t have any children of my own, I have taken it upon myself to pray for baby Delilah’s health and happiness. Lately, I have heard Mr. and Mrs. Strong talk about a discomforting and potentially debilitating illness affecting Delilah, and it disturbs me to think of someone so young and innocent having to endure so much pain. I pray everyday that Delilah is of sound mind and body, and that if anything were to happen to her parents, that their loved ones would have the good judgment to entrust Delilah’s upbringing in a pious person like myself.

Baby Delilah has a strong case of diaper rash that causes her great pain. You and I know that no ointment or liniment created by man can compete with the healing powers of God’s love. Together our prayers will ensure that Delilah can grow to be old enough to experience God’s love for herself.

Also, if you know of any good Christian single men in the Portland area that are interested in starting a family, feel free to forward them my email address.

I thank you, and may God be with you always.

Megan Foxworth

1 comment: