Sunday, March 21, 2010

The best soup ever

“Do we have any of the cream of asparagus soup left?” James asked popping into the kitchen during the heart of the lunchtime rush at the restaurant.

“There’s probably a cup left,” I replied. We have never come close to running out of soup at lunch.

“Save that cup for the manager,” James said as he took the corned beef and tuna salad sandwiches to table 8, “She wants another cup. Your cream of asparagus was a big hit.”

That’s what I was afraid of.

The day started off like any other Tuesday. I came in at 6:00 AM to receive the deliveries and start making the soup. We have never served cream of asparagus soup at the restaurant before, but I was confident of the recipe. I had the soup simmering when my girlfriend Maria showed up on her way to work. Now that Maria is back in school, we have to find time to see each other whenever we can. It had been six days since we had last had sex, so we used the opportunity for a quicky.

Even though having sex in the kitchen is against health code, I still want the food to be clean, so afterwards I sanitized all of the surfaces before I started chopping lettuce for salads.

Right before the restaurant opened for lunch, I discovered something hidden beneath the froth at the top of the pot of soup. It was the condom Maria and I used. I didn’t have enough time or ingredients to make new soup, so I fished out the condom and served the soup at lunch.

I wonder if the next time that I make cream of asparagus soup, should I masturbate in the pot?

2 comments: