Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Sopranos marathon

Over the last weekend, I decided I’d rather not fight the snow and finally opened the Sopranos box set that my sister bought me for Christmas. I’d been reluctant to watch the show, as I am not a violent person, and I’ve never been all that big a fan of gangster movies. Boy was I wrong! Instead of focusing on who owes who money and who is “taking out” whom, the Sopranos emphasized stuff affecting the modern gangster, such as family squabbles and mental illness. Between getting home on Friday during the first flurries through the snow day on Monday, I watched 29 episodes. It wasn’t until I was leaving the house on Tuesday that I remembered that I took a laptop home with me to work through the snowy weekend.

My Sopranos marathon meant that there was no way we would finish the new website on time and that we might lose the Archer account. As you can imagine, my boss was not pleased. When I went to his office to return the laptop, he gave me quite the earful. I told him to use the snow as an excuse, but he was having none of it. Then, as if by instinct, I bashed my boss on the head with the laptop. “You’ll tell Bob Gorski at Archer that the snow is the reason we’re late!” I then kicked my boss a couple of times and hit him on the head with the laptop again, making sure that the battery hit him squarely in the jaw.

I now have my own office and don’t even have to work on the Archer account anymore. My boss made a full recovery, although he stutters around me a lot more than he used to. Do you have a problem with that?

1 comment: